Friday, September 14, 2007

#23 Is This the End????

Absolutely not! As evidenced by the Web 2.0 Awards, this program was truly only the beginning. I hope that I can continue to learn about new technologies and how to use them. One of the main reasons that I wanted to start this program at Ohio U is because most of the tools were things I hadn't used much, but wanted to. It was good to "force" myself to take time out of my day to think about how libraries can effectively use Web 2.0 in reach our patrons and fulfill our respective missions.

I can't thank all of the participants enough; it was extremely gratifying to see the level of enthusiasm and participation from our staff! I really appreciate your willingness to try something new.

Remember, the Learning 2.0 Wrap Party is on Thursday, September 20th! We will have food, fun, and will draw the winner for the laptop!! Mark will also be unveiling the new Staff Information Wiki, Char will share the dynamic new FAQ tool, and this will be your last chance to see me before I hit the road for Ann Arbor for good.

I have had an amazing time working at Alden Library, and helping to run this program was definitely the icing on the cake!! Thank you everyone, for your friendship and collegiality. I will miss Athens immensely, and all of you the most!!

No comments: