Friday, September 14, 2007

#20 You Too can YouTube

As you can tell by the sidebar of my blog, I love YouTube. Although I find it virtually impossible to "search" on YouTube and find anything meaningful or useful, it makes it very easy to share the hilarious videos that I see other places online or get from my friends. Check out Terry Tate from my sidebar; laughed so hard I cried. And Chad Vader is also a favorite (Darth's younger brother; day manager at Empire Grocery Stores).

On a more somber, serious, and scholarly note, YouTube can be a great way to connect with our audience. A lot of libraries are already creating videos and uploading them to YouTube, and easily embedding them on their sites to share will all. Our very own library has created a great "Intro to the Library" video based on the Creative Commons videos:



I generally have to tweak the height/width settings a bit in my blog posts to make everything fit nicely, but that's pretty easy to do.

No comments: